Sunday, December 30, 2007

Brown Sugar Baked French Toast

This is a company breakfast. I don't know why you wouldn't make this without company being over, but I know I wouldn't.
In a small bowl, combine 2/3 cup packed brown sugar,
1/2 cup melted butter and 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
(if you like cinnamon)
Cut a loaf of French bread into 1 inch slices.
In a large shallow bowl, whisk together 6 eggs and
1 1/2 cups milk.

Place bread slices in bowl - and you know how to make french toast, right? Turn them over once... take them out of the milk bath and sprinkle the brown sugar mixture on one side of the bread.

Place bread slices, brown sugar side down, in a lightly greased 9x13 pan.

Bake uncovered at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve brown sugar side up.

5 comments:

Jenifer said...

French toast is my favourite breakfast in the entire world! I have eaten it in so many places I fancy myself an expert.

I have only had "in the oven" kind twice though so I will have to give this a try.

Christine said...

i've made this before and LOVE it.


simply decadent.

Running on empty

bren j. said...

Fie on company! We made a 1/2 batch of this for breakfast this morning and it was just about perfect!

Unknown said...

I've made this before too...it's fantastic! Sometimes I use leftover brioche that I make in my bread machine. It isn't as pretty, but YUMMY!

Anonymous said...

What a cool post! I love the name of your other blog--I still read Wind in the Willows!