Monday, February 25, 2008

A springish menu plan for this week


(the lunch plans are for my kids' school lunches. I normally have either leftovers or I make some soup.)

Tonight's supper: Chicken Sandwiches, Steamed Broccoli, Oven Fries

Tuesday
Breakfast - Steel-cut oatmeal with maple syrup and bananas
Lunch - They don't need to pack a lunch that day. I'm probably just going to send them in grapes and some cheese and whole grain crackers.
Supper - Chicken Marbella, Jasmine Rice (save extra for Thursday's lunch), Carrots in a honey glaze, spinach salad with red onions and a poppy seed dressing.

Wednesday
Breakfast - Fruit Smoothies, French Toast
Lunch - Homemade Wholewheat Mini-Pizzas, Orange Wedges, Cookie
Supper - Breaded Fish Fingers with Sweet Potato Oven Fries, Raw Veggie Tray with Dip. Homemade gingerbread with lemon sauce for dessert.

Thursday
Breakfast -Poached Eggs on Toast, Orange Wedges
Lunch - Gingerbread with Lemon Sauce, Rice and Veggie Salad, Apple Slices
Supper -Enchilada Stuffed Shells, Mixed Pepper Salad. Make Triple-Chocolate Cookies with The Girl.

Friday
Breakfast - Buckwheat crepes with strawberries
Lunch- Salmon Sandwiches on English Muffins, Cucumber Chain, Corn Chips and Salsa, Red Grapes, Triple Chocolate Cookie
Supper - Homemade Pizzas (what, again? Apparently.) - one Tex-Mex, one Jerk Chicken.

Saturday
Breakfast - Yeast-raised waffles with fruit salad

13 comments:

crazymumma said...

oh Beck. I'm salivating.

Anonymous said...

mmm that does sounds good!

b*babbler said...

Ok... can I come live with you?

Seriously!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with the hot breakfasts. I'm not so good with that, and I don't even want them, having never had them myself. I confess, I'm a cereal kinda girl.

BUT... I always feel guilty about it. And there are some books out there, like Chesterton and Lewis, of all authors, that make me want to go buy a sideboard so it can be "groaning" with breakfast every day.

Cooking is such a big part of our jobs as moms - sometimes I don't realize just how much time and effort it takes, and then every once in awhile it hits me and I have to dream for a moment about all I could get done if I didn't have to cook. But really, what's more enjoyable? Getting things done - or REALLY GOOD FOOD shared with your favorite people???

Thanks for sharing because I'm always looking for meal inspirations.

Susanne said...

That chicken marbella sounds yummy! My kids are prune and olive fiends so this would go over well!

heidi @ ggip said...

I like how you put Gingerbread first for your lunch instead of listing it last. Yum!

I'm not much for menu plans, but ocassionally I'll attempt one.

Jennifer said...

You must be kidding me! You are the best mother in the world. HOT breakfasts EVERY day???? Homemade whole wheat pizza for lunch? You rock.

Alison said...

Oh wow. What a delicious week. I usually only cook an actual meal for dinner (cereal or frozen pancakes for breakfast, sandwiches or mac & cheese for lunch) unless it's the weekend. Lucky kiddos!

Alison said...

I meant YOUR kiddos are lucky! ;-)

P.S. I made your Chocolate Buttermilk cupcakes this weekend for my son's birthday and they were a big hit. In fact, I may have to go eat one now.

Family Adventure said...

I'm moving in!

Heidi

Tracy said...

Can I come to your house?

Susan said...

Goodness gracious, Beck! And here I was so proud of myself for adding fresh fruit as a side to the daily PB&J lunches. I just realized I'm a kitchen slacker! Your menu sounds scrumptious.

Jenifer said...

And this is why you won the blogging award. Seriously, this is awesome.