Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Colourful Mixed Salad

All right! This salad is good because... it is colourful! And mixed! It's a nice "company" salad that doesn't take too much time - and it's also good for a nice Sunday night supper kind of thing, too.
1/2 cup orange juice
1/3 cup cider or white wine vinegar
4 tsp sugar
6 cups torn mixed salad greens
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
4 radishes, thinly sliced
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup sunflower kernels
3/4 cup crumbled feta or blue cheese
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved

In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the orange juice, vinegar, oil and sugar; shake well. Cover, refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, combine remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently. Makes 6 servings.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look like really good recipes. I found myself missing your comments on why you liked them. If you get around to it, could you put just a line or two telling what you like about each one? Added incentive to try them. Thanks! -Missy

Jenifer said...

Oh Beck I don't know which way to look first! I want to try (well eat at least) them all.

I can't imagine how long this took.

Thanks for sharing your funny, inventive, and creative side of family and kitchen life with us.

Kim from Hiraeth said...

BECK!!

Reading your recipes is like having a conversation with you. You truly ARE a delicate snowflake--a funny, warm, ornery snowflake.

This recipe blog is great fun.

: D

I hope you win awards with it.

bren j. said...

Mmm...this sounds super-tasty! I'm modifying my grocery list this afternoon!

bren j. said...

I finally got around to making this - or several variations thereof. I've made the dressing a couple times and I love it! Nice and light and of course, citrusy.