Monday, November 12, 2007

Hot Tuna Buns

Or "Barf On Buns", as they are called within my extended family. They are delicious, despite their name, and a really nice light supper or Sunday lunch. Also, "Barf on Buns." Heh.

4 oz. Cheddar cheese
1 can tuna, drained and flaked
3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
1/3 cup mayo
3 tbl sweet pickle relish
2 tbl finely chopped onions
¼ tsp salt
6 hot dog buns, split
In a medium bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread about 1/3 cup on bottoms of buns, replace tops. Wrap in foil. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.Makes six servings.

3 comments:

Megan (FriedOkra) said...

Tuna Melts! I'm glad you did these - they didn't QUITE make my cut this time, but I was gonna do 'em next time. Have you ever had tuna salad made with cream cheese instead of mayo? It's really fantastic -- smoothes things out very nicely.

Karen said...

I never liked tuna melts as a kid, but as an adult? they're one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing! (and I'm glad they don't really taste anything like their name!)

Nicholas Gregory said...

Will be trying this soon. Thanks.